Mr. Calum Hughes, PhD (c)
Founder, Chief Executive Officer
- 15 years in the medical field including Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Rehabilitation.
- Director of a 140 bed Acute Care Hospital with +900 employees.
- Adjunct Professor for the University of British Columbia in the areas of Health Economics, Health Evaluation and Canadian Health Systems.
- QA Healthcare for government organizations and big pharma.
- Clinical experience includes functioning as a health care provider for patients with chronic diseases, acute disability, and workplace health and wellness.
- Doctorate degree is dedicated to helping veterans, police, fire, and EMT / ambulance professionals.
Mr. Paul Bullock
Director, Chief Operating Officer
- One of British Columbia’s oldest entrepreneurial farming families, which possesses a rich history in both agricultural innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
- 10 years of experience in Canadian cannabis cultivation, genetics, compliance and facility design.
- Owned and operated an agricultural management firm which renovated and replanted over 2,500 acres of orchard and vineyard in the Okanagan Valley.
- Development and collection of over 200 proprietary strains of cannabis targeted at specific diseases.
Mr. Ryan Marschaalk
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Marschaalk is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science BSc. (Hons) and is a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) candidate (CICBV Canadian Institute of Business Valuators).
- Managed M&A activities to close the acquisition of IMPACT Radio Accessories to private equity for $23,000,000.
- Managed the build of extraction and cultivation facilities in Las Vegas with 1933 Industries.
- Worked as a Business Valuation Associate with MVI Valuations & Planning.
- Senior Accountant with 28 years of experience at Crowe MacKay LLP (accounting firm).
- Has been a Co-Founder / Board Member of various companies.
Mr. Jim Smeeding
Director, Vice President of Pharmaceutical Development
- Pharmacist from the University of Buffalo and MBA from the University of Texas.
- Executive Vice President of CP Pharmaceutical International, a division of CP Global Health.
- Former executive director of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP).
- Founder of the Center for Pharmacoeconomic Studies at the University of Texas College of Pharmacy.
- Specializes in applied pharmacoeconomics, systems integration and managed care.
- Experience in hospital pharmacy, clinical services design, home infusion therapy, managed care services and disease management.
- Authored more that 85 peer reviewed publications and has given many presentations.
- Original founder of the International Society of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) and their 3rd president.
Mr. Jay McMillan
Chief Commercial Officer (Consumer Packaged Goods)
Accomplished corporate development and M&A executive with 25 years of international markets experience.
- Extensive background in new market development and strategic engagements with Fortune 500 organizations in the consumer packaged goods, technology, and consumer electronics industries.
- Former Chief Development Officer with HEXO Corp for over 6 years helping to grow HEXO to a top 3 licensed producer by market share.
Mr. Santiago Ribero
Director of LATAM Corporate
20 year investment banking career at CITI BANK and Flemings (former JP Morgan Chase).
- Has robust business acumen that enables collaborative relationships with cross-functional peers, engaging stakeholders and empowering teams to exceed objectives.
- Participated in more than US$4B of corporate transactions in different areas of corporate finance such as M&A, Project Finance, and other structured financings.
- Industrial Engineer Degree and Masters in Financial Management from MGSM in Australia.
Dr. Radka Milanova, PhD
Chief Scientific Director
Doctorate in organic Chemistry with over 20 years in pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals
- Senior executive with international credentials in leadership, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Brings experience in the life sciences sector driving development collaborations and product commercialization
- Has led drug research and development programs with international collaborations
- Has demonstrated the ability to effectively negotiate licensing and business agreements and builds world-class teams to deliver optimum performance and global collaborations
Dr. Terry Johnstone
Medical Advisor to the Board
- Family physician with a practice of 47 years.
- Occupational Physician specializing in occupational medicine for Transport Canada Aviation & Marine.
- Works with Worksafe BC for commercial dive medicine, medical advice for Canada’s Diver Certification Board of Canada, and Oil and Gas UK for off-shore medicine.
- FAA Class 1 Examiner as well as a fitness examiner to work with candidates for pre-placement medicals.
- Specialist in audiometry, resting and stress EKGs, drug testing under National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health guidelines, the Chester fitness test, Farnsworth and Titmus visual screening, and the Visia Facial Skin assessment.
- Expert in cannabinoid medicine with a special interest in pharmaceutical development and product discovery.
Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors
Lindsey Donovan has 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur and business builder.
Her professional work as a commercial and corporate photographer has involved working with heads of state, presidents and premiers, CEOs and highly influential individuals, as well as contributing to marketing campaigns related to public relations and corporate reporting.
Lindsey has traveled extensively across four continents, has lived in Canada and the US, and received her technical education at Focal Point Visual Arts Learning Centre.